Vietnamese Coffee is not a beverage but a culture in itself. Here, people know how to appreciate and drink coffee while making it an integral part of their lives. Traditionally, Vietnamese coffee is brewed in a phin filter, which brews coffee slowing in your cup directly. Coffees prepared through this method resemble thicker and more caffeinated espressos. People travel to Vietnam to experience their unique coffee culture while craving for the strong taste of Vietnamese coffee at the same time.
Best Vietnamese Coffees
- Instant 3 in 1 blend: Each sachet is filled with a blend of coffee powder, nondairy creamer, and sugar that allows you to instantly blend a flavorful and aromatic cup of coffee in seconds
- Flavorful & aromatic: The coffee powder is made using a combination of beans from Jamaica, Brazil, Ethiopia and Vietnam to create a delicious, fragrant and smooth cup of coffee that you’ll love
- Quick & easy to brew: This strong instant coffee blend can quickly and effortlessly be made by mixing with 75ml of hot water anytime you want to instantly enjoy coffee
- Enjoy on the go: Our 3 in 1 instant coffee packets are perfect for use at home and when traveling giving you the freedom to enjoy full-bodied coffee anytime and anywhere you want
- Make life simple: With these instant coffee packs, you’ll never have to worry about brewing coffee again! Make flavorful and aromatic coffee without any hassle with Trung Nguyen coffee sachet and Enjoy
- DEEP INTENSE FLAVOR: This Vietnamese coffee blend Robusta and Arabica coffeebeans with our unique proprietary blend to bring you flavorful, intense coffee that will keep you energized and refreshed
- FLAVOR PROFILE: Our strong Vietnamese coffee is grown high altitude regions to bring you an Arabica (59.9%) and Robusta (40.0%) whole bean coffee blend with hints of Chocolate (0.1%) that delight your senses with each sip
- ARTISAN ROASTED: The Vietnamese coffee beans are carefully farmed and professionally roasted by artisans at different temperatures and combined to bring you a flavorful coffee blend like no other
- UNIQUE GIFT IDEA: Trung Nguyen coffee premium blend makes the perfect gift for friends or family that love coffee on every occasion including Birthdays, Christmas, Anniversaries and more
- TREAT YOURSELF: With hints of chocolate accompanied by a fruity fragrance, this energizing and refreshing coffee blend is exactly what every coffee lover wants to wake up to every morning
- Our signature custom-roasted blend of Arabica, soy and peaberry
- Strong, bold, and smooth
- Direct from our family’s coffee production facility in Saigon
- Pre-ground coffee in 12oz resealable bag
- Great for Vietnamese Iced Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
- Original French Market Coffee Stand coffee
- Coffee and Chicory. Can contains 15oz of ground Cafe Du Monde Coffee
- This popular New Orleans landmark has been located in the French Market since the early 1860's.
- The Original French Market Coffee Stand, serving Cafe Au Laity and Hot Beignets (French Doughnuts) 24 hours a day, year round
- VIETNAMESE GOURMET BLEND: Made using a combination of Robusta (40.0%) and Arabica Coffee (59.9%) beans which coupled with chocolate (0.1%) bring youan intensely flavorful cup of coffee that will inspire and energize
- FLAVOR PROFILES: Our gourmet blend brings you a rich and smooth french roasted flavor with a delicious chocolate overtone and fragrant aroma that will keep you coming back for more
- PROFESSIONALLY ROASTED: This whole bean coffee is carefully roasted by professionals at just the right temperatures to bring out deep flavors and scents of spice, chocolates, and fruit
- DELICIOUS GIFT IDEA: Makes the perfect gift for coffee lovers that want to experience the deep refreshing flavor of Vietnamese whole bean coffee on Birthdays, Christmas, New Years and more
- ENJOY EVERY SIP: Our Vietnamese ground coffee is harvested at its peak, professionally roasted, packed and delivered while fresh so you can Give Your Taste Buds A Treat Every Morning
- GREAT GIFTS - perfect coffee gifts for mom, dad, teachers, campers, travelers, and coffee lovers! Our all-in-one kit makes the perfect cup of coffee, every time!
- HOW WE'RE DIFFERENT - 1.we focus on quality our beans are harvested at their peak, washed, naturally dried in the sun, and freshly ground to be wrapped up with love into each portable pour over. You’ll enjoy a consistently strong, dark, full-bodied espresso every time. 2.we're a small, woman-owned business 3.we're eco friendly - we source from socially responsible, sustainable organic farms in Dalat and package in biodegradable bags.
- CUSTOMER RAVES: “The convenient packaging makes it easy to have a cup of coffee whether I’m camping or at the office!”
- WHY DO CUSTOMERS LOVE COPPER COW COFFEE? It’s simple! The problem with other pour over coffee brands is that their coffee tastes watered down, doesn’t have that smell that you love, and slips off the cup when you’re trying to pour. Our gourmet pour over coffee features the highest quality ethically sourced beans in the industry. We stand behind our quality and GUARANTEE YOUR SATISFACTION. Simply put, our pour over coffee will make any coffee lover smile from ear to ear.
- TRY IT AND LOVE IT: We’re super confident you’ll love everything about our Vietnamese pour over coffee. Our mission is to provide a risk-free experience and we have thousands of happy customers to prove it.
- Try the UNSTOPPABLE coffee that every other coffee is scared of.
- Fuel your insane drive to GET IT DONE and crush your goals with these bold beans.
- Up your COFFEE GAME with the only single origin premium Arabica coffee beans from Vietnam.
- Enjoy every sip of the STRONGEST, smoothest and exotic full flavor Vietnamese coffee.
- Crafted to be BEST BEANS for Cold Brew Coffee, Vietnamese Iced Coffee or Hot Brew.
- Vietnam exclusive version (100 packets) in Clear Bag.
- 100 Percent Black Coffee with no sugar or creamer.
- 100 Percent Sourced from Vietnam for the best Vietnamese Coffee.
- 100 Percent soluble in hot or cold water
- Not pre-brewed, freeze-dried or concentrated
- Complex blend of 3 species and one varietal - Arabica, Robusta, Excelsa and Catimor
- Strong chocolate tone
- Natural rich, sweet, intense taste profile
- Vietnam's most popular home brew coffee
- Very affordable, 1.2 pounds per bag, comes with brewing suggestions.
Discover Vietnamese Coffee
Vietnam shares a rich history when it comes to coffee production. It is one of the most important countries implicated in coffee cultivation. Today, Vietnam is the second largest coffee producer after Brazil in the world. However, most people are not aware of this interesting fact.
The French colonists introduced coffee to Vietnam during the 18th century. They influenced Vietnamese coffee to be made usually as a French or dark roast. But now, coffee has become truly Vietnamese in every sense. The production of Vietnamese coffee boomed following economic and political reforms in the 1990s.
In Vietnam, there are various unique varieties and species of coffee are brewed. These coffee varieties include Arabica, Robusta, Catimor, Excelsa, Liberica, and others. The coffee production in Vietnam usually comprises Robusta beans, which are more bitter and strong in taste as compared to Arabica. In addition to it, Robusta coffees have a more rough texture.
Despite all these, Vietnamese know how to gyrate their disadvantage in a striking way. As a result of this, people love Vietnamese coffee and crave for more. This coffee has a unique kind of roast, which is quite different from what Westerners call it. It originated from French, although it tastes more striking than that.
Vietnamese roasts are particularly dark and roasted really slow so as to make sure they give a thick aroma with no burnt. Undoubtedly, these coffees are definitely the strongest, thickest, and smokiest that you have ever drunk.
What makes Vietnamese coffee so unique?
Vietnamese coffees are unique and special because of various reasons. Here, let’s talk about some of these reasons!
The landscape of the Annamite plateau is quite complex, which helps to create microclimates. Due to this reason, farmers can exploit diverse varieties and species of coffee beans. As you know, there are two basic coffee approaches, which include the single origin and multi-origin blends. With so many varieties, blended coffee seems natural here. That’s the reason; the general populace goes for Vietnamese blends rather than single-origin Arabicas.
Unique Roasting Process
In Vietnam, the roasting process plays a vital role for generating premium quality coffee. For roasting, a slow and long roasting process at a low temperature is preferred. The French or dark roast originated as a slow roasting, where beans have consistent color all throughout with no burning or bubbling.
It is the reason that Vietnamese coffees are unique. Most of the people associate dark or French roast with burning coffee, which takes place at some coffee houses. This burning of coffee results in the breakdown of oils and sugars while leads to fermenting once exposed to the air due to fast oxidation. It is not the case with Vietnamese coffees as these roasts are more stable.
On the other hand, coffee beans are usually roasted in butter oil. In traditional roasting style, a caramel-like coating is created using sugar and oil in smaller amounts with a tinge of cocoa or vanilla. This is done because robusta beans ripe really slow on the bush and growers pick a few unripe beans along with ripe ones. This roasting method offers a perfect equal finish to beans. As a matter of fact, a few unripe beans do not hurt the taste of the blend.
In modern times, growers do not pick unripe coffee beans to ensure coffee quality. That’s why; they do not opt for this coating in their roasting profile. Although, they use a little oil to make it easier for beans to turn in the slow roasting process.
Exclusive Brewing Techniques
Vietnamese style for brewing is not just unique to Vietnam. Today, this coffee style is also popular in other regions like Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos. It includes a low-tech process, where a simple metal filter is used. This filter is more commonly known as phin, which was originated in Cambodia. All you need to do is to just add hot water onto this single-serving brewer and filter.
In Vietnam, people like to brew their coffees in single-servings at home or while sitting in cafés leisurely. People make use of this phin metal filter to make a perfect glass of iced coffee.
The metal filter’s grind works exactly the same as a French press for brewing coffees. The only difference is that French press brews 3-6 coffee cups at a time and slightly differs in taste as compared to the phin filter. However, the French press confines the essence of coffees way better than electric brewers.
How to enjoy Vietnamese coffee?
One can enjoy a cup of Vietnamese coffee in a lot of different ways. If you want to have it in different ways, check out our list as given below.
- Proper black
- Black coffee with ice
- Add sweetened condensed milk to espresso
- Add ice and sweetened condensed milk to black coffee
There is another interesting way to drink Vietnamese coffee in a Vietnamese style. You can do this by adding eggs to your coffee. For this, you need to beat some egg yolks with sweetened condensed milk. Make a light froth and then, top this froth on your black coffee. It will deliver a sweet and smooth textured experience. Undoubtedly, it would be something out of this world.
Each of this style has a unique flavor of itself. Try them out one by one to reach your perfect cup of Vietnamese cup. Do not crave anymore and try specialty coffee from Vietnam to take your passion for coffee to the next level.
Coffee Andy delivers the best Vietnamese Coffee Products on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2020-01-23