Sulawesi Coffee – Celebes Coffee
Sulawesi coffee is the crown jewel of Indonesia. This is because some coffees from South Sulawesi is grown at altitudes like 2,000 meters. This coffee is best known all over the world for its smooth finish, moderate acidity, and silky body. The flavors are warm and spicy, with hints of black pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon.
Top Sulawesi Coffees
Canvas Sneaker Low Top Shoes,Island Map Vintage Style French Map Chart of Sulawesi Island Mediterranean Destination Man 12
- Material: 100% canvas,Rubber sole,lightweight, breathable, twill lining,durable.
- Timeless Styly: Canvas shoes are all classics styles and good choice for back to school gift,that can be easily paired with any casual clothes,and suitable for all year round.
- Lace-up Leisure Low Top shoes Loafers Sneakers,easy on and off! Great for outdoor walking,sturdy and comfy.
- Novel Style ,Personalized and lightweight Sneaker shoes,We have men and women's different size of same design for lovers.
- Our canvas shoes are also custom-made, you can design your own unique canvas shoes, please feel free to email us.
- Man 12
Coffee Gator Espresso Moka Pot - Stovetop Brewer Plus 2 Thermal Cups - 12 ounce
- Classic coffee and a caffeine-rush in a hurry. This traditional moka is based on the traditional Italian design for producing 6 demitasse (2 floz) cups of rich, velvety espresso coffee. Say ciao to espresso, Americano, cappuccino and latte at home!
- Happy brewing and drinking. This espresso maker comes complete with a pair of 3 floz, hotter-for-longer, stainless steel cups in the box (RRP $35.98). They feature a vacuum layer which traps heat so you can enjoy coffee exactly as it should be
- Espresso on tap. Whether you have a gas or electric range or even a camping stove you're moments away from a strong shot of coffee-happiness. This brewer is unsuitable for use on induction stovetops
- Five minutes to more smiles. Pour over, French press and Aeropress brewers take a little time. A Gator moka is a short-cut to incredible rich coffee with a velvety crema. Barista-standard coffee at your fingertips, any time, anywhere, with no fuss
- Safe and strong. Crafted from premium cast aluminum and fitted with a safety valve to release excess steam and a cool-touch handle. It's also a dream to load and rinses clean (not suitable for dishwasher use). What's not to like?
Bustelo Instant Coffee. Large 7.05 oz glass jar. Pack of 2
- Great Cuban coffee in just minutes.
- Rich and aromatic like fresh percolated.
- Will stay fresh, buy this 2 pack and save.
- Add to hot milk for a delicious Cafe con Leche or cappuccino.
- Economical, goes a long way.
Non-Slip Rubber Mouse Pads Vintage Style French Map Chart of Sulawesi Island Mediterranean Destination for Computers Laptop Office(W7.8xL9.45)
MATERIAL: Made of a durable heat-resistant polyester fabric top, soft materials comfortable for wrists and hands.
NON-SLIP RUBBER: Backed with a neoprene rubber non-slip backing, keeps the mousepad from sliding.
Pattern Design: Print with vivid colors & Clear image,The image is sublimated to the surface so it won't fade or peel.Uses: Ergonomic design give gamer a comfortable experience without suffering visual fatigue any more.Anti-slip rubber base for firmly placed on desk, great for men women boys girls tablet PC mouse.
UNIQUE, PERSONAL GIFT: Each custom mouse pad comes in a colorful gift bag. Perfect for school, home or office. Ideal for Birthdays, Office Parties, Mother's or Father's Day, Holidays, Graduations, Going Away Present and more.
Outstanding Shape: Perfect Shape For Office, Home, Travel Or Other Places.You Can Move The Mouse Easily And The Mat Is Well Shaped.In Addition, The Reinforced Edge Can Effectively Prevent Deformation And Damage To Ensure Long-term Use.
Diycon Door mat Customization Island Map Vintage Style French Map Chart of Sulawesi Island Mediterranean Destination W31 xL47 Anti-Fading
- This polyester doormat size:W31"xL47"
- Design: Color is diversification and extremely soft fabric, rubber backed on the bottom to prevent the rug from sliding around on the floor, do not hurt floor, easy to clean dust and dirt on the surface, adds a touch of relaxed elegance to your room decor.
- Easy to clean: just use a hand-held vacuum cleaner, sweep with a broom, or shake it outdoors or on the trash can. For deeper cleaning, wipe with a damp cloth and mild soap, or use a garden hose to rinse the mat outdoors. Allow your mat to dry completely before using it next time. Do not use bleach.
- Widely used: in terraces, garages, laundry rooms, entranceways and anywhere with high traffic outside
- Smile Service: You can contact us during the purchase process and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Douwe Egberts Aroma Rood Ground Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Package
- Douwe Egberts coffee is one of the most popular in Europe
- Aroma Rood is a fragrant, full body and spicy coffee
- It is a composition of powerful Robusta and aromatic Arabica coffee beans
- Douwe Egberts Aroma Rood Ground Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Package
- Enjoy Better Coffee Inc.
Colonial Coffee, 100% Colombian, Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 2.5 OZ Fraction Packs, 100 COUNT box, Bulk Bags
- 100% COLOMBIAN COFFEE - each portioned 'frac' pack is filled with 2.5 oz. of freshly ground coffee. The pouches are easy to use & the individual packs keep your coffee fresh for longer!
- DRIP-BREWING SINGLE POT COFFEE PORTIONS - pre-measured to brew one pot of coffee, approximately 50-64 fl ounces (10 or 12 cup pot) depending on desired strength.
- MEDIUM ROAST LEVEL - Our roasting process ensures a strong, bold taste that is also well balanced and smooth.
- SOLD IN 32 COUNT OR 100 COUNT BULK BOXES - Food service friendly, great for offices, cafes, schools, or restaurants
- COLONIAL COFFEE ROASTERS - Founded in 1945, our legacy spans three generations of pride, heritage, expertise, & tradition.
Caffe Umbria Fresh Seattle Whole Bean Roasted Coffee, Gusto Crema Blend Medium Roast, 12 oz. Bag
- Roasted fresh daily in Seattle, WA
- Third generation of artisan roasters
- Directly traded, 100% Arabica Coffees
- Perfect as espresso but great in any preparation
- Notes of fig and milk chocolate
Exotic Coffee Tea Gift Basket, Ground, Fresh Roasted, 4 X 16-ounces, Jamaican Blue Mountain, Sulawesi, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Costa Rican Reserve
- This coffee gift basket is the perfect gift for any coffee lover. Includes: Jamaican Blue Mountain, Sulawesi, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and Costa Rican Reserve Coffees.
- Medium roasted ground coffee allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
TCB Try Me Sample Pack Gift Packs (Try Me Indonesia)
- COFFEE ORIGIN Each of the coffees are either a single origin or estate coffee grown by farmers who are passionate care about their coffee and work to bring out the most flavor and develop unique notes
- ROASTING PROCESS each roast is crafted in small batches in an our Loring roaster by our Master Roaster Moshe. He hand roasts each batch, keeping an eye to ensure a smooth finish and that the beans are never burnt.
- TASTE PROFILE the drinker will be able to compare the tastes of different Central American countries - picking out the slightly different flavors - acidity and aromas
- GREAT GIFT for all occasions, contains a variety of 100% Arabica Indonesia high end specialty coffees
- SAMPLE and you can enjoy a full size bag by visiting our seller page where we sell 12oz, 2LB and 5LB bags of these coffees
The most distinguished Sulawesi coffee is the Toraja, or also known as the Celebes coffee. It is a multi-dimensional coffee that is grown in the south-eastern highlands. It has a full-bodied richness and an expansive flavor. The well-balanced taste also has undertones of dark chocolate and ripe fruit.
Sulawesi is low-toned and yet has a very vibrant acidity. When compared to Sumatran coffees, it is slightly more acidic and has a lesser body, but more earthy than Java Arabica. While some find this unappetizing, it is a quintessential aspect of the coffee’s makeup. The light body, when combined with low acidity, results in a drink that has a creamy and deep flavor and texture.
History of Sulawesi Coffee
VOC (VerenigingOogst-Indies Company) brought Arabica coffee beans to the world in 1699, when Indonesia was under the Dutch colony. This was done to break the Arab monopoly in the coffee trade. Soon, more coffee plantations were established in parts of Sulawesi, and Sumatera. By the end of 1750, VOC set its first coffee plantation is Sulawesi and the surrounding regions. Soon, the Dutch colonists established a large number of coffee plantations all over the island country.
Why Sulawesi Coffee?
One cup of this coffee is pleasantly brooding and deep. You will experience a rustic sweetness coupled with muted fruit notes. It is recommended that a dark roast is used to amplify the sweet flavors of the Sulawesi. It is also a highly-rated coffee that is normally advised to not be fused into different blends. However, you can choose to experiment with different blends for more unique flavors.
In terms of flavor, the Sulawesi coffee is beautifully balanced and has no single overpowering flavor that takes too much prominence. When you drink the Sulawesi coffee, you will experience notes of sweet spices, mushrooms, dark chocolate, and ripe fruit.
Sulawesi farming regions
The Sulawesi coffee is grown in the high-altitudes of Sulawesi Island. It was formerly known as Celebes during the Dutch colonial times and is located in the middle of the Malay archipelago of Indonesia. The area where the coffee is grown is situated in the south-eastern highlands. Today, the coffee growing area has expanded and is also produced in places like Utara, Gowa and SIngal, Enrekang, and Mamasa.
The rich volcanic soil of the region makes it perfect for growing coffee. The temperatures in the highlands can drop to about 20°C, thereby creating a damp and misty jungle environment while the hot moist air cools down as it heads inland.
Overall, the region is relatively new to the coffee growing scene. But the coffee beans from the region has a smoother body and a subtle flavor difference than other Indonesian coffee.
The green coffee processing
The processing of the Sulawesi coffee is typically done by the wet-hull method. This process produces green coffee beans that are free of chaff and milled, but not yet roasted. It has a distinct dark tint. Even though it might lead to uneven roasting at times, the semi-dry processing will have a significant effect on the taste and characteristics of the coffee once brewed.
Sometimes, coffee processing also creates a musty and hard taste. On other times, you will find a strong earthiness, which is either admired or disliked by people.
The Sulawesi coffee is a very tricky coffee to consume with certain food dishes because its overwhelming creaminess does not always pair well with some types of food items. When you are looking for something that will pair well with the Sulawesi coffee, it is recommended that you avoid rich food. This is because it can result in a very overpowering taste sensation when combined with rich coffee.
A simple combination of freshly-brewed Sulawesi coffee and dark fruit-infused chocolate is a great treat for your taste buds. Likewise, a spiced apple pie or fruit cake will pair well with the coffee as well.
If you are looking to taste the herbal notes of the coffee, you can pair the Sulawesi with a curry of herb or garlic chicken.
Best Sulawesi Coffee
Lavanta Coffee Roasters Sulawesi Toraja ‘White Eagle’
This coffee offers a complex flavor that includes hints of cinnamon, dark chocolate and fruit. The acidity in this coffee is minimal and a rustic sweetness will capture your senses. The spice and the chocolate can be tasted in the last, which is a great way to finish the coffee. There are a lot of different aspects that can be enjoyed in this coffee cup; you will not get bored with this coffee anytime soon.
Lola Savannah Celebes Kalossi Whole Bean
This is a dark roast coffee and can be taken as a prime example of the variety and quality of coffee that comes out of the Sulawesi region. This coffee embodies everything that Indonesia is known for. You will taste fine hints of earthy berries. It also has low acidity and has a very rustic sweetness in the background. If you love dark roasts, then this coffee should definitely be on your to-do list.
Green Unroasted Indonesia Sulawesi Kalossi
This coffee originates from the rich growing soils of the Sulawesi and has a rich and earthy flavor. It has a full and heavy body with subtle hints of berries and finished with a tangy flavor. The acidity level is low on this coffee and will maintain it all the way to the French level. If you have a taste for coffee that is smooth and bold in equal measure, then this coffee is perfect for you.
Sulawesi is one of the top five coffee growing countries in the world. The coffee from this region has been captivating drinkers for many decades. It is also one of the finest coffee beans that you can use for brewing if you manage to find them here.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Sulawesi Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-07-18