- 1 K-Cups
- 1.1 Best K-Cups
- 1.2 K-Cups
- 1.2.1 History of K-Cups
- 1.2.2 Defining K-Cup
- 1.2.3 Why should you use the K-Cup?
- 1.2.4 Know the disadvantages
- 1.2.5 Different types of K-Cups
- 1.2.6 Best Products
- 1.3 Also View
K-Cups Coffee are used as a measure of coffee capsules required for a single serve. Trademarked by Keurig, K-Cups have a ring style with foil and the cup is made from plastic. Although nowadays newer designs of K-Cups have come up, the old design of a K-Cup with a lid made of foil and a plastic ring is still available.
- NOTE: This is a medium roast Extra Bold coffee, Extra Bold (contains more coffee than regular K Cup pods). Extra Bold does not pertain to the roast profile of the coffee. while using please pre puncture the bottom of the K Cup by lightly pressing down on it when placing it in the pod holder
- Not too harsh, not too bitter just right
- Extra bold (contains more coffee than regular K Cup pods)
- Medium roast, caffeinated coffee
- Ensure high quality coffee every time with pods specially designed to work in Keurig brewers with exact grind and extraction
- 100 coffee pods in three varieties – Colombian, Dark Roast, French Roast
- (40) French Roast – Dark roast coffee with bold, smoky notes and a smooth finish
- (30) Dark Roast - Full-bodied coffee with a hearty punch but mild acidity for a smooth finish
- (30) Colombian - Medium body and acidity complemented by a floral aroma for enticing depth
- 100% Arabica coffee
- Compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 k-cup brewers
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
- Medium roast with rich aroma and delicious taste
- Smooth and balanced
- 100% arabica coffee
- For use in all keurig k-cup brewers
- 84-count single serve k-cups. Kosher
- MAJOR DICKASON'S BLEND: Conceived by Mr. Peet and his most discerning customer, Major Dickason’s Blend has become the coffee that epitomizes the rich, flavorful taste of Peet’s. Flavor notes: Incomparable world blend, rich, complex, and full-bodied
- COFFEES FOR ALL TASTES: Single serve doesn't mean single taste. Whether you enjoy starting each morning with Peet's dark roast House Blend, our light roast Café Domingo, or you prefer a variety, you can keep your morning routine without brewing a whole pot
- SAME CARE, SAME COFFEE: The coffee in Peet's K-Cups for your Keurig Brewing System is the same quality coffee, roasted with the same care, as our bagged coffee. Enjoy the convenience of a single cup of fresh coffee with the taste & quality of Peet's
- LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK ROAST: Peet's K-Cup single serve coffee pods brew a mug of coffee in some of our most popular blends. Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied
- Balanced sweet spicy and berry notes
- Bittersweet cocoa and cedar finish
- Smooth medium roast coffee
- Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Packaging May Vary
- Contains 6 boxes of 10 K-Cup pods (60 count total). For a limited time, you may receive either box while we update our packaging. Both contain the same great Dunkin' Coffee
- Original Blend is the coffee that made Dunkin' famous, featuring a rich, smooth taste unmatched by others
- Medium roast coffee, specially blended and roasted to deliver the same great taste as the brewed Dunkin' coffee available in Dunkin' shops
- Enjoy in any Keurig K-Cup Brewer for an authentic Dunkin' experience in no time
- Enjoy the great taste of Dunkin’ at home
- What do you crave? Is is Butter Toffee? Vermont Maple? Blueberry Vanilla? With the Crave coffee variety pack you can have them all and enjoy a new flavor every morning! This is a true variety pack and flavors and pod distribution may vary from what is pictured.
- Flavor is what we do! We are passionate about creating flavored coffee you will not only love, but you will Crave! From the ordinary to the extraordinary, our flavors will add some fun to your daily brew
- We have it! Enjoy guilt free decadent flavored coffees- No sweeteners & No calories. 100% fresh roasted Arabica coffee is paired with your favorite flavors for the tantalizing coffee experience you Crave!
- Crave Coffee is Kosher certified and compatible with Keurig K-Cup Brewers, including 2.0. ***NOTE: INSERT COFFEE POD IN BREWER AND CLOSE FIRMLY TO AVOID BREWING ERROR!
- Crave Coffee is not affiliated, endorsed, or related with Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
- Full, hearty, and distinctively complex
- Medium roast, caffeinated coffee
- Each K-Cup pod is made with 100% Arabica ground coffee and no artificial ingredients
- Fair Trade Certified blend that supports sustainable farming efforts
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- BRAND STORY: The mountains are a special place. It's where Green Mountain Coffee Roasters was born. It's where we developed our adventurous spirit and commitment to improving the lands through sustainably sourced coffee. We're driven to bring the world a richer, better cup of coffee. Be bold. Be alive. Grab a cup and get out there.
- TASTE: An eye-opener as delightful as the dawn itself. Clean and bright, with balanced sweetness, nutty flavor, and a silky mouthfeel.
- ROAST: Light roast caffeinated coffee made with 100% Arabica beans and is certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- SUSTAINABILITY: Committed to 100% responsibly sourced coffee by end of 2020
- COMPATIBILITY: Contains genuine Keurig K-Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K-Cup coffee makers
- INCLUDES: 2 K Cup pods from 20 popular varieties, including Green Mountain Coffee Breakfast Blend, The Original Donut Shop Regular, Newman’s Own Organic Special Blend, Caribou Coffee Caribou Blend, Tully’s Coffee Italian Roast, and many more
- VARIETY: Sample different coffees and discover your favorites from a wide variety of roasts, flavors, and brands
- COMPATIBILITY: Contains authentic Keurig K Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K Cup coffee makers
- PACKAGING: K Cup Pods are not in original packaging and may appear different than in the image
History of K-Cups
The people who founded K-Cups are named Peter Dragone and John Sylvan who used to be roommates at Colby College in the 1970s. Both of them faced issues with coffee brewing in their office. The coffee used to get stale and bitter with the passage of time and they wanted to solve this issue. So, they decided that they will make a device which would be only for one single serve of coffee using ground beans.
Further, in the year 1992, they found the Keurig Company and used to manually make the small pods for coffee of single serve. Later, Dick Sweeney became a part of this company in the post of a co-founder and manufacturing consultant. He helped them make the process of manufacture automatic as opposed to the manual one.
In the year 1993, an important development took place. Keurig approached a big name in the coffee industry, which is the Green Mountain Coffee for investment. This company readily agreed and Keurig was also allowed to make use of their specialty coffee.
As the company grew, more investors started to come in. But due to disagreements, the two original founders left, with only Sweeney staying back to manage the company. So, this company was the first ever company which came up with the concept of Keurig cups of coffee even though coffee pods existed earlier.
K-cups can be defined as any sort of beverage poured and sealed in a container made of plastic. The beverage can be anything from coffee or tea to chocolate and cappuccino. On top of the cup is a cover made of foil. There is a filter which is in the insides of the capsule and helps to trap the warmth of the coffee. It also helps to keep the coffee in place when the brewing procedure is happening.
When a K-cup is inserted into a brewer, then two tiny holes are made with a needle both at the bottom and on the top of the cup. This is done to maintain the flow of water into the cup so the flavour gets extracted in a proper way and then gets released through the hole that is made at the bottom.
Why should you use the K-Cup?
There is a reason why people are increasingly getting fond of K-cups today. They take very less time and that is why people who are working, or who do not have the patience to go into the kitchen every time they want a coffee, prefer K-cups. People who love coffee, instantly fall in love with K-Cups. Also, well-known brands which serve coffee, like Starbucks also now have pod of a K-cup single serve.
Owing to fact that K-cups have capsules of their own, it becomes very convenient to use them. The cup that is used for the process is very convenient to carry and most coffee enthusiasts love it. Another additional benefits about these cups are that they are also available at low prices so that everyone can afford it. There are many varieties, blends, and flavors in K-cups which caters to the needs of every type of customer.
Know the disadvantages
Although we would vouch for K-cups and the numerous advantages they have, there are two sides to every coin. So, before you actually make a purchase of K-cups, it is better for you to know the disadvantages as well. Some customers reviewed that pods are better than K-cups because they bring out the flavors more distinctly.
People say that the foil, the ring, and the lid are a wastage of money, which does not happen in the case of pods. In addition to this, when we compare pods with K-Cups, the latter are more expensive and cannot be afforded on a daily basis.
Different types of K-Cups
Keurig K-Cups have not one but various brewer models both for personal use and commercial purposes. As to the commercial ones, they are meant to be connected to water pipe which are there in OCS Companies also known as Offices Services Companies. OCS Companies usually have a tie up with Keurig company. There is an installment of the brewers and the contract also takes care of the maintenance. Under the contract, the customers are also served coffee in K-cups personally.
The company which handles all the dealings commercially is the Green Mountain Company. There are some rules that are stringent and have to followed. This is done so that the status of K-Cups is retained and the quality if maintained. The distributors who have the authority and the permission for distributing K-Cups are collectively called KADs.
Now, coming to the models made for serving at home, there are no particular restrictions. One can purchase the brewer and the coffee from any part of the world and from any one. The design that was formed for the K-Cups by Keurig along with Green Mountain Coffee, was taken as a model by other companies. For Green Mountain Coffee, K-Cup is a trademark and other companies will incur legal offense if they copy the design of the cups.
Here are some of the best products of K-Cups coffee:
Colombia Huila laughing man
The body is medium with popular flavors of peanut and cashew. This coffee also tastes not very strong.
The flavor of this coffee tastes more like a drink that is free of sugar.
Dark Magic Green Mountain Coffee
Loved by all, this coffee is thin with a chocolatey flavor along with hints of sweetness of raisins.
Classic Roast Diedrich blend
Very iconic because of its pungency, this coffee is not meant for everyone because of its taste that can be a bit chemical like.
The taste of this coffee is very much like vinegar combined with the sweetness of strawberries.
Coffee Andy delivers the best K-Cups on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-07-09.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.