Dark Roast Coffee
Dark roast coffee has a very intense and rich flavor, coupled with full body properties. Some common flavor profiles you will taste are nutty and dark chocolate, burnt, and with a slightly syrupy body. Many people have the wrong idea about dark roasted coffees and end up thinking that they taste burnt. In fact, most are not even sure of what they are looking for when they are choosing the type of roast for their coffees. This depends entirely on what flavors of coffee they are looking for. For example, beans that are grown the elevated regions like the Blue Mountain coffees in Jamaica tend to be denser. Thanks to this denseness, the beans release an intense and rich aroma when dark roasted.
When it comes to the flavor of dark roasted coffees, it is mostly earthy, chocolaty and nutty. It has a full body which is a little syrupy as well. The coffee beans also give out floral, fruity and sweet flavors, which are not highlighted in light roasting.
Top Dark Roast Coffees
San Francisco Bay OneCup, French Roast, 120 Count- Single Serve Coffee, Compatible with Keurig K-cup Brewers
- We take a blend of the finest coffees from Central and South America, all choice selected, high altitude, shade grown and handpicked, then roasted very dark, to get a rich complex flavor creating the perfect French roast. This caffeinated dark roast has an intense, bold, and smoky flavor in every cup. We use only the best low acid, 100% Arabica coffee beans to ensure our coffee is the best tasting coffee to be found for your Keurig K-Cup style brewers and other single serve brewing systems.
- Our OneCup coffee pods are compatible with most Keurig K-Cup 1.0 and 2.0 brewers, as well as Cuisinart, Bunn, iCoffee and other single serve brewers. Our OneCups are the better choice of coffee for your single serve brewer, and the environment, all at a lower cost. Our OneCups are made from plant-based renewable resources, designed to offer a French Press experience to your single serve coffee, maximizing flavor and providing a richer and more full-bodied taste you will love to the last drop.
- Now you can have the highest quality coffee through the convenience of your singe serve brewer. OneCups mesh bottoms allow us to package the freshest product possible, just open up one of these bags and smell it for yourself! The OneCup pods are comprised of wood pulp lidding, a corn ring and mesh coffee filter. The end result? A more environmentally friendly, certified kosher, single serve coffee option with a great taste, allowing you to taste the difference, while you make a difference.
- For the last 35 years our mission has been to find the world's finest Arabica varieties, roast them for the richest, most flavorful coffees available anywhere, at the lowest possible price, all while making the world a better place. Our coffee is grown responsibly, Fairly Traded and Grown For Good (see details about our Community Aid Programs below), we strive to improve the lives of each person we work with including the farmers, retailers, our employees, and you, our customers.
- We are not affiliated with Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. Keurig and K-Cup are registered trademarks of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
Valhalla Java Ground Coffee by Death Wish Coffee Company, USDA Certified Organic & Fair Trade (12 Ounce Bag)
- Harness the power of Odin with this masterful artisan roast
- Our coffee beans are specifically selected and expertly roasted to provide an ultra-strong cup of coffee that is bold and smooth
- Drink your coffee with pride knowing that our beans are Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic
- Brew a pot at work or at home and taste the difference. You will never want "store-bought" coffee again
- TRY IT RISK-FREE: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and be the judge. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked
Kicking Horse Coffee Whole Bean Grizzly Claw, Dark Roast, 2.2 Pound
- DARK ROAST, WHOLE BEAN: Rich, dark chocolate, decadent. From the heart of the mountains, a strong spirit roars. The most magical hand mother nature can deal.
- ORIGIN CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA: Grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way, by farmers with sustainable businesses they can depend on.
- RECOMMENDED BREW METHOD: French press (coarse grind), drip machine (medium grind), pour over (medium-fine grind), and cold brew.
- ORGANIC, FAIRTRADE, KOSHER, SHADE GROWN, ARABICA COFFEE: Coffee that is good and fair for the coffee drinkers, the farmers and the planet. 100% Certified.
- ROASTED IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS: It's all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right below the towering Canadian Rocky Mountain peaks.
The Original Donut Shop Dark Keurig Single-Serve K-Cup Pods, Dark Roast Coffee, 72 Count (6 Boxes of 12 Pods)
- Devilishly delicious, extra bold brew
- Extra bold (contains more coffee than regular K-Cup pods)
- Dark roast, caffeinated coffee
- Each K-Cup pod is made with 100% Arabica ground coffee, no artificial ingredients and certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U).
- Ensure high-quality coffee every time with pods specially designed to work in Keurig brewers with exact grind and extraction
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Dark Magic Keurig Single-Serve K-Cup Pods, Dark Roast Coffee, 72 Count (6 Boxes of 12 Pods)
- NEW look, same great taste!
- Bold, deep, and intense with dried fruit and chocolate notes.
- Dark roast, caffeinated coffee
- 100% Arabica
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
Community Coffee Signature Blend Dark Roast Premium Ground 12 Oz Bag (3 Pack), Full Body Rich Bold Taste, 100% Select Arabica Coffee Beans
- RICH & BOLD: The blend that started it all. Roasted to deep, dark perfection, this signature Dark Roast has a rich, bold flavor that has been a family tradition for four generations. Made from 100% select Arabica coffee beans. Enjoy 36 ounces (approx 135 six-ounce cups of coffee.)
- FIND YOUR PERFECT BLEND: A blend for every taste; medium roast Breakfast Blend for a perfect morning, Café Special or Coffee & Chicory (New Orleans tradition) for an afternoon perk, an evening cup of Signature Dark, Decaf, or a flavored coffee blend for a treat.
- MAKE IT COMMUNITY: Community Coffee is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve with passion for ensuring everything we do is as good as our coffee through sustainable coffee bean sourcing, giving back to single-origin coffee farms, military and education.
- HINT OF FLAVOR: Flavored coffee fan? Try Pecan Praline, French Vanilla, Hazelnut, Mardi Gras King Cake coffee, or seasonal: Sugar Dusted Beignet, Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Pie, Dark Chocolate Peppermint in ground or single serve (for Keurig K-cup brewers).
- JUST HOW YOU LIKE IT: Single-serve coffee pods (k cup compatible), whole beans for your coffee bean grinder, coarse ground coffee for a French press, ground coffees for every coffee maker or steep overnight for cold brew or iced coffee.
- RICH, SMOOTH TASTE: Try in place of: Starbucks, Gevalia, Dunkin Donuts, Caribou Coffee, Peet's, Tim Horton, Eight O'Clock, Café du Monde, French Market, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, McCafe, Deathwish, Solimo, Lavazza
Seattle's Best Coffee Henry’s Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 12-Ounce Bag
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Our Henry's Blend is a medium roasted coffee with complex and robust flavor and a well-rounded finish
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle's Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 g) of ground coffee for every 6 fl. oz. (180 mL) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes a 12-ounce bag of ground Seattle's Best Coffee
Gevalia French Roast Dark Ground Coffee, 20 oz Bag
- Rich, classy and aromatic coffee
- Easy to carry bag
- Perfect for those keeping kosher
- 100% Arabica Coffee
- Manufactured in U.S.A.
Starbucks French Dark Roast Single Cup Coffee for Keurig Brewers, 32 Count
- Starbucks French Roast is smoky and singular, the pure, explosive flavor of our darkest roast
- Darker-roasted coffees have fuller body with robust, bold taste
- Starbucks K-Cup pods are designed for use with the Keurig Single Cup Brewing System
- Enjoy the Starbucks coffee you love without leaving your home or office
- Bulk pack includes 1 box of 32 for a total of 32 individual K-Cup pods of Starbucks French Roast Coffee
FRENCH ROAST, Whole Bean Coffee, 5 Lb. By Olde Brooklyn Coffee
- One 5 LB. of FRENCH ROAST whole bean coffee , dark roast coffee beans
- A classic French roast offers a rich, deep-bodied coffee with moderate acidity and a sweet, smoky aroma.
- Our state of the art roasting & packaging ensures that your coffee will arrive fresh & delicious. Brew a pot at home or in the office and taste the difference.
- Try it Risk-Free: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and be the judge. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked.
Dark Roast Coffee
How is the coffee roasted?
Roasting coffee beans bring out its aromatic qualities and flavors that, otherwise, remain hidden. Roasting coffee beans involves exposing the beans to high temperatures and then removed once they reach the right roasting degree. The roasted coffee beans are much lighter than green coffee beans when roasted. They have the flavors and the aroma, but the texture is very different. Roasted beans are crunchier and can be ground for brewing. The darker the roast, the less acidic and bitter the coffee is.
Why do people prefer dark roasted coffee?
One of the most major reasons why people go for dark roasts is that they are available everywhere. The flavors can also be extracted easily and are ideal for cold coffee brewing. Dark roasted coffee beans are also affordable and cheap, unlike light roasted coffee.
What is the most traditional way of dark roasting coffee?
Most of the coffee that is available in the market are mostly dark roasted traditionally. Most customers around the world are already familiar with the history of the dark roasting method. In the old ages, roasting was done to remove the inferior tastes that hid the actual flavors of coffee. Today, this is the reason why most coffee commercials opt for the roasting method. With the help of roasting, you can finely balance the flavors in the coffee beans for longer periods.
What is the flavor profile of dark roasted coffee?
Coffee beans with black and brown shades of color usually have a lesser amount of acidity, in contrast to light and medium-roasted coffee beans. The coffee mostly loses its acidity the longer it is roasted in high temperatures.
Coffee beans with low densities require a very little amount of heat to open them and release small nuances of delicious taste when roasted. These flavors usually build as the roasting process continues. In the end, you will get better flavors with dark roasting.
The texture and aroma of smooth coffee beans depend on how dark the roast is and the type of coffee bean that is being used for roasting. Common aromatic properties include a carbonic and smoky smell which can become unbearable if the roasting process is prolonged.
The more the coffee beans are being roasted, the shinier it becomes. Also, these dark roasted beans will also have more bitterness than light or medium-roasted beans. When it comes to brewing them, you need to do so with care so to not over-extract the bitter flavors of the coffee beans.
Dark roasts tend to be oilier than other roasts. The body of the beans also peaks with dark roasts and the overall flavors and aroma enhance. But you need to be careful because over-roasting the beans will decrease the sweetness and the fruity and floral flavors of the coffee. These delicate flavors are generally lost when the roasts become darker. A common flavor of dark roasted coffee is the taste of dark and bitter chocolate, spicy tones of black pepper and clove, and savory flavors. The aroma can be smoky and nutty.
Pros of using dark roasted coffee
Dark roasting coffee will result in a rich full body with more intense flavors. If you are looking for a strong coffee drink without any specific flavors in your mind, then a dark roast coffee is the best. Small quantities of dark roasted coffees taste much better than light or medium-roasted coffees. The high temperatures used for roasting coffee gives the beans a much stronger flavor profile. Hence, dark roast coffee is much cheaper than light or medium-roasted coffee.
Cons of using dark roasted coffee
Dark roast coffee beans become stronger and much intense than other delicate coffee flavors. This means that when you dark roast your coffee beans, you are actually masking the original green coffee aroma and flavors in the beans. However, most people prefer the next developed flavor after the roasting process.
From the same perspective of flavor masking, dark roasts help cover up the unpleasant flavors as well. It is not possible to identify good quality coffee in the case of dark roast coffee, especially if the coffee bean is not dense enough. Hence, it is recommended that you check the quality of the dark roast beans before purchasing them.
When you are buying dark roast coffee blends, always go for the 100% Arabica beans. This is because the coffee beans are of the best quality. Although they are a bit expensive, you can also choose other coffee brands that have a good reputation in the market. Or else, you can always buy other popular brands.
Tips for roasting the best brew from dark roasted coffees
- Dark roasted coffees tend to lose their freshness very fast. Hence, it is important that you purchase dark roast coffee from companies that have the fastest delivery services. Also, you need to ensure that you consume them really fast before they go stale. Pre-ground coffee can also compromise the taste of the coffee because a lot of flavors are lost minutes after getting grounded. For the best cup of rich coffee, it is recommended that you go for fresh ground or roasted coffee.
- Make use of right-sized coffee beans for dark roasting. Preferably, you can go for medium coarse coffee beans. This is because the water will flow well in between the beans and the dripping will be much faster. Also, there will be no over-extraction of flavor.
- Make use of the right roasting method. In the case of drum roasting, the chaff is not removed during the process and results in a burnt and unpleasant flavor. On the other hand, air roasting gives the coffee a cleaner and tastier flavor.
Coffee Andy delivers the best Dark Roast Coffee on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-10-21