Award Winning Coffee
There are a wide variety of coffees that have won awards owing to their distinct flavor and aroma. Different regions and coffee roasters have won awards for their respective coffee brands. In order to win locally, regionally, as well as internationally, farmers put forward their best coffees. Awards are given at different levels for a great cup of coffee, including gold, silver, and bronze medals. So, let us take a look at the best award winning coffees of this year.
Top Award Winning Coffee
Valhalla Java Whole Bean Coffee by Death Wish Coffee Company, Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic - 12 Ounce Bag
- Harness the power of Odin with this masterful artisan roast
- Our coffee beans are specifically selected and expertly roasted to provide an ultra-strong coffee that is bold and smooth
- Drink your coffee with pride knowing that our beans are Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic
- Brew a pot at work or at home and taste the difference. You will never want "store-bought" coffee again
- TRY IT RISK-FREE: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and be the judge. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked
Chestbrew Whole Bean Coffee. Strong Dark Roast Vietnamese Coffee - Moon Bear Premium 20 Ounce Bag
- Try the UNSTOPPABLE coffee that every other coffee is scared of.
- Fuel your insane drive to GET IT DONE and crush your goals with these bold beans.
- Up your COFFEE GAME with the only single origin premium Arabica coffee beans from Vietnam.
- Enjoy every sip of the STRONGEST, smoothest and exotic full flavor Vietnamese coffee.
- Crafted to be BEST BEANS for Cold Brew Coffee, Vietnamese Iced Coffee or Hot Brew.
Kicking Horse Coffee, Smart Ass, Medium Roast, Whole Bean, 10 Ounce
- Medium roast
- Africa, Central & South America
- Cheeky, Bright, Precocious
- Fairtrade, Organic, Kosher
- Roasted in Canada
Verena Street 2 Pound Whole Bean Coffee, Medium Roast, Julien's Breakfast Blend, Rainforest Alliance Certified Arabica Coffee
- 2lb. medium roast whole bean (32oz.); rich and bold with a smooth body and clean finish
- Our signature coffee blend; exhibits a rich coffee flavor with low acidity and a smooth after taste
- Sustainably sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms to protect farmers, wildlife and environment
- Freshly roasted and packaged in Dubuque, Iowa at an independent, family owned coffee company
- Kosher certified by the Orthodox Union, the world's most trusted and recognized kosher certification
Simons Best Ikonic Whole Bean Gourmet Coffee | Premium Quality Arabica Colombian Beans (Dark Roast)
- 100% pure Colombian arabica single origin whole bean coffee. Grown to reach incredible levels of smooth flavor with a much lower acid content
- Grown in the High-Altitude Volcanic Soils of the Central Valley Region of Colombia - altitudes of 4,600 ft. to 5,900 ft.
- Medium and dark roasted with a fantastic aftertaste, and a full body - Smooth with a hint of Citrus Nutty Chocolate Flavor
- Single Origin Guarantee by The National Federation of Colombian Coffee Growers. Top-selected beans from the best Colombian harvests, with guaranteed consistent purity.
- Roasted regularly in small batches by coffee experts who understand how to help you create great tasting coffee at home or work
Peruvian Coffee, Medium Dark Roast, Award Winning 100% Certified Organic Arabica, Fair Trade, Single Origin, from South America’s best Amazon/Serra’s plantations of Villa Rica, Peru
- Quero Cafe
2LB Cafe Don Pablo Gourmet Coffee Colombian Supremo - Medium-Dark Roast Coffee - Whole Bean Coffee - 2 Pound ( 2 lb ) Bag
- FREE Shipping on orders over $49
- 2LB - Whole Bean - 100% Arabica
- Sweet, bright, rich, and full-bodied. Don Pablo knows Colombia and he knows where to find the best Supremo. This Café style roast brings out the flavor and aroma of these exceptional beans.
- At Café Don PabloTM we feel that our coffee is the finest available. We use only the largest, most desirable Arabica beans, grown in nutrient-rich volcanic soil in the lush mountainous terrain of the world's coffee growing regions. These are award-winning beans that were cultivated by skilled farmers whose methods, knowledge, and passion for coffee have been handed down from generation to generation since the very first seed was planted.
- We roast these special beans in small batches to ensure our customers optimum flavor and freshness. We have found that people who really appreciate a great cup of rich, aromatic coffee can taste the difference between our fresh, just roasted product, and others that are roasted by the metric ton by huge corporations. We hope you agree. - Darron J. Burke President, Cafe Don Pablo
Real Good Coffee Co 2LB, Whole Bean Coffee, USDA Certified Organic Dark Roast, 2 Pound Bag
- BEST TASTE - USDA Certified Organic, dark roast coffee. Preferred over Starbucks, Lavazza, Peet's, Koffee Kult, Kicking Horse, Death Wish & Don Pablo in blind taste tests.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY - Premium USDA Certified Organic coffee beans from Sumatra roasted to perfection. No additives, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. Fair Trade, Sustainable, Kosher.
- SUSTAINABLE - Grown responsibly; sourced responsibly; roasted responsibly; packaged responsibly. Roasted fresh in Seattle USA.
- FOR ALL BREWERS - Great for drip coffee machines, espresso maker, French press, Aeropress, pour over and moka pot.
Don Francisco's Coffee, Kona Blend, Whole Bean, 32-Ounce Bag
- A taste of the Hawaiian Islands - 10% Kona coffee blended with premium Arabica beans, an excellent cup of coffee with a delicate floral aroma and subtle fruity notes.
- A medium roast, whole bean coffee, made with 100% premium Arabica coffee beans.
- Our bagged coffee is packaged to guarantee outstanding quality. We personally cup each sample to ensure that it meets our standards.
- Sustainable coffee roasting leaves a light carbon footprint - are you sipping sustainable coffee? At Gaviña, we make environmentally "green" coffee at our eco-friendly facility in California. We are committed to preserving the Earth's natural resources for future generations.
- We are fortunate to have extraordinary and consistent access to the finest coffee from Central and South America, through Southeast Asia and East Africa. We source our coffee from different parts of the world that fall within the "Coffee Belt." This is an area between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. It's here in these elevated, mountainous regions near the Equator that the best beans are grown.
Wild Light: A Celebration of Rocky Mountain National Park | Award-winning photography coffee table book
- Nearly 200 stunning photographs
- Thought-provoking text
- Independent Book Publishers Gold Award Winner
- Beautiful coffee table book
- Environmentally friendly (FSC Certified)
- Erik Stensland
- Publisher: Morning Light Press
- Hardcover: 224 pages
Award Winning Coffee
Award Winning Coffee
Awards have different categories in the coffee industry. For instance, the best single origin coffee beans globally, the best roasted coffee beans around the world, the best coffee beans in different states or countries, etc. For example, in a coffee award-winning competition of different countries, the participating nations put forward their best coffees that are grown from the best crops.
If the coffee of a particular country wins the competition, then it means that that country’s coffee can become famous since many people will want to taste the award winning coffee. Moreover, if that nation keeps on providing great coffees, the coffee industry in that country can thrive since the award winning competition promotes the coffee in a positive light.
The process of awarding coffees
Coffee awarding competitions follow a common procedure, which is as follows:
- Farmers, roasters, or regions are invited to attend the coffee contest for general or specific categories. Occasionally, there is a small fee to enter a coffee award contest.
- Coffees put forward by different competitors are generally packaged with a code so that the judges can’t discover the origin of specific coffees. These packages are sent to the contests.
- These coffees are then made using specific recipes before passing to the judges who taste them. These judges award different scores to every coffee in the competition. The brewing method using which these coffees are prepared can vary, such as espresso, filter, French press, etc.
- Then, the scores given by the judges are arranged so as to decide the winner of the award. The coffee at the first position gets the gold medal in a coffee award competition.
However, in some coffee contests, there is a specified score for coffees that can win a gold medal. Sometimes, no coffee crosses this score mark and at other times numerous coffees reach this score. All of this depends on the organization of the coffee award contest.
This shows that coffee gold medals don’t always denote that the coffee with a gold medal is the topmost scorer in the contest. Moreover, award winning coffee beans can be a part of various levels, including the regional level, world level, and national level. Leading nations such as Australia and the US often organize coffee award contests, which are at the international level.
Prominent Coffee Awards
America Good Foods (GFA) Awards
This contest chooses food and drink makers who are capable of developing and demonstrating tasty, high-quality, and original products. It also includes coffee roasters who put in efforts to deliver high-quality coffees collected from various growers.
Coffee roaster winners are generally chosen with the help of various characteristics of flavors, such as clean, sweet, nicely developed body, balanced acidity, aromatic, etc. Roasters and farmers, who want to participate in this coffee award competition, must show that there is complete fairness and transparency throughout the coffee making process, starting from the new coffee bean to the final cup of coffee.
America Good Foods competition also gives third-party certification to different coffees, which, in turn, helps in finding out the qualified coffee beans that can be considered for the competition. Like every year, in 2018 also, there was a coffee award competition organized by America Good Foods.
In this contest, some coffees that were ranked at the top position include:
- Compelling Coffee from Ethiopia Banko Gotiti Coffee in California
- Blueprint Coffee from Ethiopia Hambela in Missouri
- Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea from Organic Ethiopia Tikur Anbessa in California
- Vashon Coffee Company from Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Natural Daniel Miju in Washington
Apart from these, there were several other Ethiopian coffees roasted in America that won in this coffee award competition. The total coffee winners in this competition were 15, all of which had an Ethiopian origin. This shows that Ethiopian coffee is really delicious and worth trying.
There are three famous international coffee awards in Australia. These include:
- Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS): This contest takes place just before the Sydney Royal Easter show.
- Australian International Coffee Awards (AICA): This competition takes place before the Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE).
- Golden Bean: This content is organized as part of the Golden Bean industrial seminar.
All the awards, including gold, silver, and bronze awards, are awarded as per the marks on the coffee cup. These marks are given on the basis of the aroma and flavor of the coffee. Such coffees can be brewed in various categories, including blend espresso, milk flavored coffee, single origin espresso, filter coffee, etc.
The AICA content generally has high-quality coffees while the RAS competition has coffees that have a dark roast and lower acid content. These competitions have distinct features owing to the organization that arranges the contest and the judges that give scores to the participants.
Different types of coffee competitors participating in coffee award competitions
There are different types of people participating in coffee award contests. These include:
1. People with less knowledge of coffees
The most common type of people who participate in such coffee award competitions are roasters who put forward all their coffees in all categories. More often than not, such contestants baffle the judges who give scores in such contests.
It’s not that the coffee of these roasters is of low-quality but they might put their coffees in wrong categories. For instance, a high-grown dense coffee is placed in the light roast category instead of a dark roast category since dense coffee beans are best when they are dark roasted.
2. Roasters with good coffees with right categories
Another type of people that participate in coffee competitions are roasters with high-quality coffees who have checked their coffees for different categories in the competition. These are participants who have tasted all their coffees and have submitted their best coffee for every category in the competition.
3. Roasters with best coffees who test every coffee
Then, there are roasters who want to win the competition and therefore they test their each and every single coffee in order to get the best results. They then roast their best coffee as per the specifications.
However, you must note that it’s not necessary that only the above-mentioned people participate in coffee award contests. Moreover, if a particular coffee tried by different judges comes out to be the best, then it means that this coffee has a delicious flavor and stands out as compared to other coffees in the contest.
Coffee Andy delivers the best Award Winning Coffee on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-09-18