Award Winning Coffee
There are a wide variety of coffees that have won awards owing to their distinct flavor and aroma. Different regions and coffee roasters have won awards for their respective coffee brands. In order to win locally, regionally, as well as internationally, farmers put forward their best coffees. Awards are given at different levels for a great cup of coffee, including gold, silver, and bronze medals. So, let us take a look at the best award winning coffees of this year.
Top Award Winning Coffee
- COMPLEX FLAVOR YOU WILL LOVE - 100% Arabica Whole Bean Coffee with a Medium to full body has a deep fruity flavor. Perfect for all brewing methods including Pour Over, French Press, Espresso Machine, Turkish, Cold Brew or a Traditional Drip Coffee Maker
- NO BITTER AFTERTASTE - Our coffee is roasted perfectly to bring out the natural flavors of the bean, without over roasting/burning the bean avoiding the dreaded bitter aftertaste.
- HIGH ALTITUDE, HIGH FLAVOR COFFEE - Grown at 6233 feet above sea level, our coffee beans are dense and flavorful, just the right amount of acidity to give it a fresh crisp taste and keep a smooth flavor
- FRESH ARRIVAL GUARANTEE - Oxygen is the enemy of freshness, and our triple layered aluminium packaging keeps oxygen out. If your bag tastes stale, contact us within 7 days of arrival and we’ll replace it.
- CONSISTENT FLAVOR - Our roasting process is a mix of traditional cupping by master roasters combined with scientific sampling with a roast profile to ensure each batch maintains the same consistent flavor you’ve grown accustomed to.
- Harness the power of Odin with this masterful artisan roast
- Our coffee beans are specifically selected and expertly roasted to provide an ultra-strong coffee that is bold and smooth
- Drink your coffee with pride knowing that our beans are Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic
- Brew a pot at work or at home and taste the difference. You will never want "store-bought" coffee again
- TRY IT RISK-FREE: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and be the judge. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked
- SWEET, SMOOTH, STRONG: Voted best coffee of 2016, Road Dog has become a highly-coveted staple of Koffee Kult.This gourmet, forward flavor dark roast has notes of chocolate and brown sugar that tantalize the tongue. Highly aromatic and caffeinated, our medium-acidity espresso beans satisfy the taste buds and awaken the soul. It’s that jolt you need before a long day of work, the fire that keeps you howling into the night, and that second-wind you seek when rolling off the tour bus at 5 am.
- RICH, FULL FLAVOR, ANY WAY YOU DRINK IT: Great as drip coffee, pour over, cold brew iced coffee, or espresso, now is the time to start drinking our premium coffee blend and believing in the Koffee Kult magic. Use it in any coffee maker, Chemex, Aeropress, or French Press. Drink at home, office, or on the road. With a pleasing aroma to its rounded, lingering flavors of cocoa and sugar, for those bold enough to live life on their own terms, this is the ONLY way you should be waking up. WELCOME
- WHERE ARE OUR BEANS PROCESSED? As supporters of small businesses, we at Koffee Kult source these beans from a small farm in the high mountains of Brazil and Colombia. This six-man operation grows and picks specialty Arabica beans that are then brought to our roasting facility in Hollywood, FL. Made in-house, our Roast Master carefully combs through the batch to select the freshest, highest-quality espresso, taking care to preserve flavor nuances and ensure correct development before packaging.
- WHO IS KOFFEE KULT? We are lovers of great coffee and lovers of life. We are the outcasts, the lone rangers, the misunderstood. We are roadies, early risers, a pair of work boots caked with American soil. We are the ever-wandering nomads that rise with the sun and let the open road be our compass. Like our Road Dog coffee, we are earthy and strong, coming at you with confidence and leaving you with a smooth, lingering finish on your tongue. We are robust. We are bold. We are you.
- JOIN THE KULT: Here at Koffee Kult, we are a hands-on group of coffee-loving misfits and entrepreneurs that have made it our mission to provide the best cup of coffee you’ve ever tasted. High-end, direct-from-the-farm coffee beans are our specialty. We call ourselves Koffee Kult because our followers are loyal and ever-growing. Once people have tried Road Dog, or any of our other lines of coffee, they don’t look back and neither will you. BE ONE OF US.
- A medium “Third Wave” roast: 1/3 Colombian, 1/3 Guatemalan and 1/3 Costa Rican. The natural brightness and clean palate you expect from hand-picked, specialty grade, high elevation coffees. A perfect breakfast coffee, delicious anytime.
- Tasting Notes: fruit forward, tangy citrus, ripe cherry, apricot with distinctive long smooth finish, never burnt and full-flavored.
- Our XBOLD cup with 2.0 lid, 13.3 grams of coffee, 35% more than others. Compatible with most Keurig K-Cup compatible brewers except Keurig K200 series brewers. No more weak coffee!
- Euro Coffee is an award winning artisan roaster of fine quality coffees since 1984.
- We source, import, roast and pack 100% Arabica coffees in our own roasting plant. We have no affiliation with Keurig or K-Cup. Certified Kosher.
- Tray by Evomove fits on Nomi Highchair with the restraint (known as the Mini in Europe) mounted.
- Nomi Highchair is designed to be used at the dining table, bringing your child to the family. However, in certain situations a tray that fits on the chair can be a valuable accessory.
- The tray is easily mounted on Nomi by sliding it on the restraint. Max. load on the tray is 11 lbs. and it's dishwasher-safe.
- CUPPING PROFILE: Full-Bodied Coffee, with a Silky & Excellent Body, Notes of Sweet Plums and Red Berries with Long Caramel Aftertaste.
- AWARD WINNING COFFEE & SPECIALTY QUALITY: Mexico Real Cafe winner of Double Gold Stars in the Superior Taste Award for its excellent taste. Mexico Real Cafe specializes in Speciality Arabica Coffees. High Grown Coffee in Shade over 1400 mamsl. 100% Gourmet Arabica Coffee.
- ARTISAN HAND-ROAST COFFEE & FRESHLY ROASTED IN THE UK: Slow-roasting in small batches. Medium Roast. Whole Coffee Beans. We ship to Amazon regularly in small batches for you to enjoy our Freshly Roasted Mexican Coffee.
- MEXICO REAL CAFE SUPPORTS SHADE GROWN COFFEE TO INCREASE BIODIVERSITY & SINGLE ORIGIN: Our coffee grows in a wild habitat home of animals in danger of extinction like crocodiles and turtles. Our Pluma Mountain Coffee is grown wild in an exotic land, home of mangroves and hidden beaches in Oaxaca.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL COFFEE MAKERS: Espresso, Cafetiere / French Press, Moka Pot, Filter, Percolator, Chemex, Pour Over, Drip, Aeropress, etc.
- Wild Timor Coffee uses 'Unique', wild organic coffee beans from Timor Leste (East Timor). It is dark roasted in Melbourne Australia to produce an amazing, 'Premium' Australian Coffee. Wild Timor Coffee scored a Bronze Award in 'The Golden Bean Coffee Awards'. It's a perfect choice, for the true coffee lover.
- It is organically processed, with no use of harsh fertilizers, pesticides and chemicals.
- This very special coffee grows naturally wild under the jungle canopies in the high mountain regions of Ailleu and Maubisse. It is a result of two different species (Arabica and Robusta) breeding in a freak of nature, to create a unique coffee bean called "Hybrid de Timor". It has the sweetness and mouthfeel of Arabica with the strength of a Robusta.
- Sourced organic, ethical and 'Direct Trade' coffee ('Direct Trade' allows higher prices to be paid to farmers for their crops, than the 'Fair Trade' model). By purchasing this coffee you are helping the disadvantaged farmers of East Timor, and helping to provide infrastructure projects to the local community.
- Try it Risk-Free: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and be the judge. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked.
- GREAT TASTING ORGANIC COFFEE! Add to cart now and order yours today!
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! We are Family Owned and Operated. All of our coffees are certified USDA Organic. 100% chemical and pesticide free. GMO free! We care for our customers and deliver the best quality possible.
- AWARD-WINNING QUALITY: We select only the finest Gourmet Organic Arabica Coffee Beans, roasted in small batches to ensure optimum flavor and freshness for the best tasting cup of coffee!
- FLAVOR: A delicious medium roast with tones of fruit, caramel and chocolate with a creamy body. Packaged in a premium coffee bag to preserve freshness.
- ORIGIN: Guatemalan coffee beans . Whole Bean Arabica Coffee. Certified USDA organic by Americert International. Certifed Bird Friendly and Fair Trade.
- Signature Blend, Direct Trade, Whole Bean, Specialty 100% Arabica Coffee
- Dark roast profile with cupping notes of Bold/Smooth/Sweet
- Full body cup with hints of vanilla and a sweet, syrupy smokiness, with a smooth, bold finish.
- Certifications: 100% USDA Organic, Non-GMO verified, Kosher
- Consciously sourced working directly with small, certified organic farmers in Latin America who are quality inspected by the Mayorga team, who visit & collaborate at points of origin during each harvest
- 100% natural plant based vitamins blend; 100% Premium Longberry Ethiopian Arabica Beans
- Deeply robust yet not overpowering, a complex special blend thanks to small batch crystallisation
- Carry every 3.25 gms shots easily anywhere! Thoughtfully designed for convenience as shots in tubes
- Turbocharge your day! Rage Coffee helps you with boosted energy levels & enhanced fitness
- An instant coffee that tastes like a brew you'd get in a specialty cafe at a fraction of the cost
Award Winning Coffee
Award Winning Coffee
Awards have different categories in the coffee industry. For instance, the best single origin coffee beans globally, the best roasted coffee beans around the world, the best coffee beans in different states or countries, etc. For example, in a coffee award-winning competition of different countries, the participating nations put forward their best coffees that are grown from the best crops.
If the coffee of a particular country wins the competition, then it means that that country’s coffee can become famous since many people will want to taste the award winning coffee. Moreover, if that nation keeps on providing great coffees, the coffee industry in that country can thrive since the award winning competition promotes the coffee in a positive light.
The process of awarding coffees
Coffee awarding competitions follow a common procedure, which is as follows:
- Farmers, roasters, or regions are invited to attend the coffee contest for general or specific categories. Occasionally, there is a small fee to enter a coffee award contest.
- Coffees put forward by different competitors are generally packaged with a code so that the judges can’t discover the origin of specific coffees. These packages are sent to the contests.
- These coffees are then made using specific recipes before passing to the judges who taste them. These judges award different scores to every coffee in the competition. The brewing method using which these coffees are prepared can vary, such as espresso, filter, French press, etc.
- Then, the scores given by the judges are arranged so as to decide the winner of the award. The coffee at the first position gets the gold medal in a coffee award competition.
However, in some coffee contests, there is a specified score for coffees that can win a gold medal. Sometimes, no coffee crosses this score mark and at other times numerous coffees reach this score. All of this depends on the organization of the coffee award contest.
This shows that coffee gold medals don’t always denote that the coffee with a gold medal is the topmost scorer in the contest. Moreover, award winning coffee beans can be a part of various levels, including the regional level, world level, and national level. Leading nations such as Australia and the US often organize coffee award contests, which are at the international level.
Prominent Coffee Awards
America Good Foods (GFA) Awards
This contest chooses food and drink makers who are capable of developing and demonstrating tasty, high-quality, and original products. It also includes coffee roasters who put in efforts to deliver high-quality coffees collected from various growers.
Coffee roaster winners are generally chosen with the help of various characteristics of flavors, such as clean, sweet, nicely developed body, balanced acidity, aromatic, etc. Roasters and farmers, who want to participate in this coffee award competition, must show that there is complete fairness and transparency throughout the coffee making process, starting from the new coffee bean to the final cup of coffee.
America Good Foods competition also gives third-party certification to different coffees, which, in turn, helps in finding out the qualified coffee beans that can be considered for the competition. Like every year, in 2018 also, there was a coffee award competition organized by America Good Foods.
In this contest, some coffees that were ranked at the top position include:
- Compelling Coffee from Ethiopia Banko Gotiti Coffee in California
- Blueprint Coffee from Ethiopia Hambela in Missouri
- Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea from Organic Ethiopia Tikur Anbessa in California
- Vashon Coffee Company from Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Natural Daniel Miju in Washington
Apart from these, there were several other Ethiopian coffees roasted in America that won in this coffee award competition. The total coffee winners in this competition were 15, all of which had an Ethiopian origin. This shows that Ethiopian coffee is really delicious and worth trying.
There are three famous international coffee awards in Australia. These include:
- Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS): This contest takes place just before the Sydney Royal Easter show.
- Australian International Coffee Awards (AICA): This competition takes place before the Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE).
- Golden Bean: This content is organized as part of the Golden Bean industrial seminar.
All the awards, including gold, silver, and bronze awards, are awarded as per the marks on the coffee cup. These marks are given on the basis of the aroma and flavor of the coffee. Such coffees can be brewed in various categories, including blend espresso, milk flavored coffee, single origin espresso, filter coffee, etc.
The AICA content generally has high-quality coffees while the RAS competition has coffees that have a dark roast and lower acid content. These competitions have distinct features owing to the organization that arranges the contest and the judges that give scores to the participants.
Different types of coffee competitors participating in coffee award competitions
There are different types of people participating in coffee award contests. These include:
1. People with less knowledge of coffees
The most common type of people who participate in such coffee award competitions are roasters who put forward all their coffees in all categories. More often than not, such contestants baffle the judges who give scores in such contests.
It’s not that the coffee of these roasters is of low-quality but they might put their coffees in wrong categories. For instance, a high-grown dense coffee is placed in the light roast category instead of a dark roast category since dense coffee beans are best when they are dark roasted.
2. Roasters with good coffees with right categories
Another type of people that participate in coffee competitions are roasters with high-quality coffees who have checked their coffees for different categories in the competition. These are participants who have tasted all their coffees and have submitted their best coffee for every category in the competition.
3. Roasters with best coffees who test every coffee
Then, there are roasters who want to win the competition and therefore they test their each and every single coffee in order to get the best results. They then roast their best coffee as per the specifications.
However, you must note that it’s not necessary that only the above-mentioned people participate in coffee award contests. Moreover, if a particular coffee tried by different judges comes out to be the best, then it means that this coffee has a delicious flavor and stands out as compared to other coffees in the contest.
Coffee Andy delivers the best Award Winning Coffee on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-11-11